Netgear R6400 Setup | AC1750
Improve your WiFi speed to a great extent with Netgear R6400 setup. Netgear AC1750 R6400 WiFi router delivers speeds up to 1750 Mbps. As soon as you are done with the Netgear AC1750 R6400 router setup, you can connect devices such as gaming consoles and smart TVs to the ultra-fast Gigabit Ethernet ports and enjoy uninterrupted internet streaming. What’s more, you can even get the best-in-class cybersecurity for all your internet-connected devices as the R6400 router comes with Netgear Armor.
On this page, you will find every information regarding how to setup Netgear AC1750 R6400 WiFi router. Read on.
Netgear R6400 Router Setup Steps
For users’ convenience, we have sub-divided the complete Netgear R6400 router setup (AC1750) in two modules – Setup Step A and Setup Step B respectively.
Setup Step A- Netgear R6400 Router Configuration
Before getting started with the Netgear AC1750 setup, you need to physically connect your R6400 router using these means:
- Remove any cables connecting to the computer. Plug in the modem power adapter and check the power light to ensure the modem is on.
- Connect the Netgear R6400 AC1750 router to the modem.
- Plug one end of an Ethernet cable to the modem and the other end into the internet port on the router.
- Now, plug in the router power adapter and check the power light to ensure that the router is on.
Setup Step B: Netgear R6400 Login
- Connect your computer to a high-speed WiFi network.
- Launch a web browser on your PC.
- Visit http://www.routerlogin.com. If www.routerlogin.com does not work, try using http://192.168.1.1.
- You are prompted to enter a username and password.
- Enter the default Netgear R6400 router login credentials.
Note: Both username and password are case-sensitive.
- Click on the Log In button.
- The Basic Home Screen displays.
Quick Tip: If the default login credentials do not work, you might have changed the admin password. If you forgot or lost your new password, you must perform a factory reset to restore the router to its factory default settings.
Once you are on the setup portal, execute on-screen instructions (vary as per model) for your Netgear R6400 AC1750 smart WiFi router setup.
Netgear AC1750 Manual | R6400
In the package of R6400, you will get Netgear AC1750 manual. This manual contains the complete Netgear R6400 router installation steps and guidelines regarding how to use various features of your router. It is crucial to walk through this Netgear R6400 manual prior to executing the setup.
Netgear R6400 AC1750 Setup Issues
- WiFi errors
- The router’s web interface not working
- Can’t access the default AC1750 R6400 router login page
- Unable to connect to 192.168.1.1 page
- Can’t find or connect to the router’s default web address
- Netgear router orange light
- Netgear router error 651
- Can’t log in to Netgear router account
- IP admin password issues
- Netgear router default username and password not working
- Netgear router not connecting to the internet
- Firmware update issues
- Browser installation issues
- Lost or forgot the router admin credentials
- Password recovery issues
- VPN issues
- Slow WiFi even after the Netgear AC1750 setup
To get immediate troubleshooting help for any of the issues provided above, reach out to our highly-experienced technicians at 1-844-616-3667
How to Setup Netgear R6400 Router Using Nighthawk App
Here’s how to setup Netgear R6400 AC1750 router via the Nighthawk application:
- Connect the provided antennas to the R6400 router.
- Also, connect the modem to your router through an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on the router and let the WiFi LED lit.
- Now, take your mobile device (Android or iOS) and open the Play Store/App Store.
- Search and download the Netgear Nighthawk application.
- After the download, open the Nighthawk application.
- Execute the on-screen instructions for Netgear R6400 router setup.
Netgear AC1750 R6400 Router Setup – Troubleshooting
For novice users, below are some DIY troubleshooting tips to fix your Netgear AC1750 R6400 router setup problems:
- First of all, ensure that the router is getting adequate power supply.
- Check all the cable connections – power cable and the Ethernet cable.
- The cables should not be loosed.
- Reboot the whole network and power cycle your router as well as modem.
- Keep a visible distance between the router and modem. This will ensure that WiFi signals are not clashing.
- In case you’re connected through wireless, establish a hard-wired connection.
- For Netgear 404 error, check the DNS servers and hard refresh the web page.
- In case you have many devices currently connected with your network, turn off the devices that are not in use.
- If Netgear router’s default username and password not working, double-check the credentials from the Netgear R6400 manual.
- If the default web login address is not working, check if the web browser is outdated.
- Clear the cache and cookies, and disable any proxy servers if using.
- To resolve VPN issues during the Netgear R6400 setup, disable the proxy servers and the firewall.
- Netgear router orange light errors can be eliminated by identifying and troubleshooting the various connectivity issues with the router.
- To deal with Netgear router error 651, reinstall the Network Adapter Driver Manager under the Control Panel and update the firmware of your router.
- For lost router admin credentials issues, hard reset your router.