Why Does My Netgear R6700V3 Drops Internet Daily?
Setting up a Netgear R6700V3 router is what a person does to improve the home network’s performance. But, the user is forced to rethink the decision of performing Netgear router setup, if the device drops the internet connection daily. Are you also an owner of an R6700V3 wireless router and facing the same problem? If yes, then this post highlights some most common reasons for this issue and the troubleshooting techniques to resolve them. However, if you are in need of instant help, our experts can help you out. All you are suggested to do is to get in touch with them.
Reasons: Netgear R6700V3 Drops Internet Daily
Given below is the list of all major and minor causes behind the dropping internet connection issue with the WiFi router:
- Your R6700V3 WiFi router is not getting a proper power supply. Perhaps, you have connected it to a non-working outlet.
- The router is not connected to the modem via an intact Ethernet cable. Or, the connection you’ve established is shaky.
- The distance through which you’ve separated your wireless router and gateway device is too much.
- Your Netgear router might be demanding a restart. In other words, it is dealing with technical glitches.
- The placement of your Netgear R6700V3 wireless router is incorrect. Perhaps, it is in a WiFi interference zone!
- Someone is leeching your WiFi.
- You haven’t set an appropriate WiFi channel for your Netgear router.
- Your Netgear router might be overburdened.
So, these were the reasons that might be forcing your wireless router to drop the internet connection daily. Apart from these reasons, a pending firmware update can also be a cause behind the poor performance of your wireless router. Therefore, consider doing a Netgear router firmware update and see if it helps. If that doesn’t work, you need to roll up your sleeves and give a shot at the hacks mentioned in the next section.
How to Fix Netgear R6700V3 Daily Internet Drops?
- Always ensure that your wireless router is connected to a working wall socket. If you do not take care of the same, then there is a possibility that your router will suffer permanent hardware damage after sudden connection drops.
- The Ethernet cable coupling your R6700V3 router to the host gateway (modem) must be damage-free. Besides, do not make the mistake of creating loose wired connections.
- Your WiFi devices (router and modem) must not be placed too close. However, you are not allowed to place them too far either. You can check the appropriate value of the router-modem distance from the Netgear R6700V3 manual.
- Restart your wireless router. But, make sure to maintain a gap of a few minutes between the unplugging and replugging of the Netgear router. Doing so will ensure that your router gets plenty of time to rest.
- If you are experiencing connection drops with R6700V3 following a restart, then you should change the router’s location. Keep it somewhere in the middle of the house and away from heavy electronic equipment. It will ensure a hassle-free propagation of WiFi signals.
- Log in to your wireless router and see if any unknown user is accessing its network. If it is, then consider denying internet access with the help of the Netgear MAC filtering feature. You should also change the router’s network key every three months.
- Navigate to the wireless settings of the router and check the channel on which it is operating. If it is overcrowded, then the time to switch the channel has come. The instructions to change the WiFi channel are mentioned in the Netgear R6700V3 manual.
- Reduce the number of devices accessing the WiFi network of your router. Being able to provide internet on numerous devices never means that you overburden your router.
A Netgear R6700V3 WiFi router is a wonderful option to consider if you want to convert every internet dead zone in your house to a fun zone. But, if it keeps dropping the internet connection every now and then, it can be the real pain. This post highlighted all the major and minor causes forcing you to face the issue. You have just learned how you can resolve the issue by taking care of a few points mentioned in the troubleshooting section. We are now anticipating that the dropping internet connection issue with the R6700V3 router has become a story told in the past.
However, if nothing helps you out, then you are free to reconfigure your router. Keep in mind to execute this process following the factory default reset. Check out the Netgear R6700V3 manual to know the reconfiguration steps. Just in case, you are still finding yourself in a no-win situation, then know that it is time when you should take help from our technical support team. They have years of experience and skills when it comes to resolving any issue related to the Netgear router.