Want to Complete Step of Pairing Modem to Router? Let’s Do It!
Netgear routers are known to provide the fastest internet service to us. Connecting the WiFi router to the modem is an important step, even if you want to use the internet or if setting up the router in your home. You can pair the modem to router process with Ethernet cable as well. Let’s take look at some points to establish connection between the Netgear WiFi router and modem. After pairing modem to router, you will go through login process via routerlogin net and some of the troubleshooting tips to manage the settings of the Netgear WiFi router. Let’s start it.
Pairing Modem to Router via Ethernet Cable
To connect the modem to router you have to place the WiFi router close to the cable modem and then follow these steps written below.
- You have to connect both of the networking devices using the Ethernet cable.
- Connect the cable to the WAN port of the router and LAN port of the modem.
- Then to supply power plug the cord back of the devices and plug the adaptor to a socket.
- After giving electricity, switch on the modem first and then the Netgear WiFi router.
Now, you can connect any of the internet devices like computer, laptop, or phone to the router. Remember, if didn’t configure the router settings and network then access the interface of the router using routerlogin net.
Accessing the WiFi Router
Down here are some of the simple steps to log in to the router easily.
- You have to make a connection between your computer to the router’s network firstly. Use the Ethernet cable to establish the link into them. Find the WAN port of the computer and LAN port of the router and plug the cable in them.
- Then locate any web browser and type routerlogin.net in the address bar of it. Search it by pressing the Enter key.
- You’ll reach at the interface login page; here you have to enter the user login details like username and password.
- Use the user manual to fill the details. Or you can use admin as username and password as password.
- Again hit the Enter key to go into the interface of the router. Here you can configure the settings and networks of the router.
- You can change or assign a new password of the admin and update the firmware as well.
So this is the process of access the Netgear WiFi router’s interface. You can also log in to the router via Netgear app and 192.168.1.1 IP address. In the IP address method you just have to write 192.168.1.1 instead of routerlogin.net.
If you want to access the interface via the Netear app, you have to download the application in your phone from the Play store. In Both the methods, you can follow same steps from writing the user details to manage the settings of the router given in above mentioned “accessing the WiFi router” section.
Now, let’s take a look at some troubleshooting tips that you can use to dispel any problem, if you face any.
Down below are tips to fix any issue if you face any during the pairing and accessing the router process.
Pick an Optimal Spot
You should choose a location for your router which should be close to the cable modem and far away from every electronic thing in your house. Avoid such spots which are near to the concrete walls, fish tanks and heavy metal things as well.
Check All Hardware Connections
Be sure the cable is connected to the correct ports of the router and modem. Use Ethernet cable, power cord and socket, which are in good condition.
Use Latest Version of Web Browser
Access the router is also an important and easy part of the process, if you are setting up a new router. To login, you should use the updated version of the internet browser.
This login process and troubleshooting tips also help you to complete the Netgear router setup, if you buy a new router of Netgear brand such and Nighthawk and other routers.
The End Words
Here, you have learned how you can complete the process of pairing modem to router using some steps. Also you have gathered knowledge about the login methods of to access the interface of the router and some troubleshooting tips to make it simpler and error free. We hope you successfully pair your router to modem and log in to the router easily.