Quick Guide to Setup and Access Netgear Router DNS Settings
Many Netgear router users face a crisis while trying to setup and access the DNS settings via www.routerlogin.net. If you are one of them, then worry not. In this post, we have outlined the step-by-step instructions following which, accessing the Netgear router DNS settings will be a piece of cake for you. Get to reading without wasting any more time.
How to Access Netgear Router DNS Settings?
1. Turn On the Netgear Router
Initiate the process by grabbing your Netgear wireless router. Plug it into a non-damaged wall socket and hit the power button. Doing so will turn on your device.
If the router model that you have came with a power cord, then connect the router to the power adapter using it. Once done, plug the adapter into the wall socket and then press the power button to get your router started.
2. Connect the WiFi Devices
Pull out the Ethernet cable that came inside the router’s box, and use it to establish a connection between the router and the existing modem. Make sure that the connection that your devices have is appropriate. By that we mean, it should be finger-tight.
However, if you are using a wireless medium for the same purpose, then ensure that your devices are kept at a close distance.
3. Gain Access to a Web Browser
Switch on your system [computer or laptop] and pull up any random web browser like Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, etc. See to it that it is not running on an outdated version.
Additionally, to avoid experiencing issues while accessing the Netgear router DNS settings, clear up the accumulated browsing history, cookies, and cache of your browser.
4. Access Routerlogin.net
As soon as you have pulled up an internet browser, visit routerlogin net. Wondering how that can be done? Well, you can do so by entering the default web address of the router in the browser’s URL field and hitting the Enter key.
5. Log in to the Netgear Router
Once the Netgear router login portal appears on your system’s screen, use the default login password as well as the username to access the main dashboard, i.e. Netgear Genie smart setup wizard.
Keep in mind that the default admin credentials are case-sensitive. Therefore, keep the Caps Lock key on your keyboard off.
6. Access the DNS Settings
Make your way to the Advanced section, and then click on the Advanced Setup option. Select the Dynamic DNS button and hit Use a Dynamic DNS Service. Under the Service Provider menu, locate the Netgear option. Once you find it, click on it.
The on-screen instructions will guide you through the rest of the process to access the Netgear router DNS settings.
Several users experience issues while accessing the Netgear router DNS settings. To avoid getting entangled in the same mess, keep the following in mind:
- Your router should be properly connected to its wall socket. If a power cord is connecting your device to the socket, it should not be worn out.
- By any chance, if you have put an Ethernet cable to use for the connection of your devices, ensure that it has no deep cuts.
- The web address ought to be entered only in the address bar of your existing browser. Entering it in the search bar is not suggested.
- In case the routerlogin.net not working issue pops up, you can make use of the IP address to log in to your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Make sure that the default admin credentials are being entered in the correct fields. They shouldn’t be filled in each other’s fields.
- Transmitting appliances like cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, refrigerators, microwave ovens, washing machines, baby monitors, treadmills, and televisions should not be kept near the Netgear router or the existing modem.
- Antivirus software and VPN should be disabled on your system before you begin the process of accessing the Netgear router DNS settings.
- The distance between your router and modem should not be too less. It can lead to a clash of their WiFi signals.
This was all about how to setup and access Netgear router DNS settings. We expect that after following the guidelines outlined above, you were able to walk through the process with ease. On the off chance, you got stuck at some point, contact our technicians.