Netgear Nighthawk RS700 WiFi 7 Router Setup [How-to Guide]
Netgear has created a buzz among netizens with its recently launched WiFi 7 router on March 14th, 2023. The name of the router is Netgear Nighthawk RS700 which is all set to enter the market in April. Since Netgear is known to manufacture award-winning products, people have high expectations of this newly launched product. Users are aspiring that internet limits will exist only in mind after performing Netgear Nighthawk RS700 WiFi 7 router setup. In light of the same assumption, we’ve arrived with a guide revealing the instructions to set up this outstanding WiFi router.
About Nighthawk RS700 Router
Setting up the router will come later. Before that, we want to provide you with some information about the same. The reason being, one cannot explore the beauty of the performance delivered by a WiFi device if he/she is unaware of what the device is capable of.
As the name suggests, the RS700 wireless router bankrolled by Netgear will work on the WiFi 7 technology that will deliver almost twice the amount of the WiFi performance offered by previous technologies. However, technology is not the only thing that has been upgraded. Netgear is now attempting to reduce the manual management of this WiFi 7 router by adding the auto-firmware update option which is expected to arrive in the 4th quarter of 2023. Besides, the company has worked in other areas too. Following are some astonishing features that make the Nighthawk RS700 WiFi router different from its ancestors:
- Performing data-intense activities will become much easier as this WiFi router will let you access the internet on up to 200 devices simultaneously
- Multi-Gigabit speeds up to 19Gbps i.e. 2.4 times the speed provided by WiFi 6 technology
- 10GbE Internet port for cable and fiber plans offering 10Gbps speeds
- WiFi coverage of Netgear Nighthawk RS700 WiFi router is 3500 sq. ft
- Reduced ping and latency
- Netgear Armor, VPN Support, Guest WiFi, and Smart Parental Controls.
Netgear Nighthawk RS700 WiFi 7 Router Setup
In the previous section, you learned about various features offered by the RS700 WiFi router. Additionally, figure 1 made you aware of the package contents and setup requirements. Keeping that in mind, let’s commence the process of doing Netgear Nighthawk RS700 WiFi 7 router setup:
- Unbox your WiFi router and verify all packaged contents.
- After that, connect it to the wall socket with the help of a power adapter.
- Let the LED lights settle.
- Grab the Ethernet cable and connect the Nighthawk RS700 router to the gateway.
- Now, unlock your Android or iPhone.
- Go to the app store and download the Nighthawk app.
- Launch the app and create your Netgear account [if you haven’t one].
- Select the Nighthawk RS700 WiFi 7 router.
- Log in to your router using the default admin info.
- Do what the screen suggests.
In this way, you will be able to complete the setup process of your Netgear Nighthawk RS700 router. After that, you can also access the www.routerlogin.net setup wizard to manage and monitor your router’s network. Just in case you need professional support regarding the WiFi 7 router’s management, you’ll always find our experts on their toes. But, for now, let’s answer a few questions that you might have regarding this newly launched product by Netgear.
Netgear Nighthawk RS700 WiFi 7 Router – FAQs
1. What are the security standards supported by Netgear RS700 router?
The WiFi 7 router by Netgear supports WPA, WPA2, and WPA3 security standards with 128-bit AES encryption and 256-bit GCMP encryption.
2. Is it true that RS700 WiFi router will support automatic firmware updates?
Yes, the newly launched Netgear router will indeed support automatic firmware updates so that the latest security patches get delivered to your router automatically.
3. How many ports are there on the Netgear Nighthawk RS700 router?
One 10Gbps Internet port, one 10Gbps Ethernet LAN port, four 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit LAN ports, and one USB 3.0 type-A for network storage.
4. Will I be able to stream HD videos and attend a video conference at the same time with Nighthawk RS700 router?
Since the router will deliver an epic speed of 1900Gbps, what else can you expect from it? The router will definitely provide you access to these services simultaneously.
5. Can I do Netgear Nighthawk RS700 WiFi 7 router setup via routerlogin.net?
One can set up the router using the routerlogin.net URL too. However, he/she needs to make use of a computer to do so. To know about the entire process, get in touch with our support team.