Facing Routerlogin.net Not Working Issue with AC1600 Router?
Hiding the network name of a home WiFi network has become really important considering the number of hackers is increasing. If you are wondering how to hide network WiFi name of your Netgear AC1600 router, then you have stumbled upon the right post. Here, we have mentioned step-by-step guidelines that will help you change your wireless network name in a matter of minutes. So, what are you waiting for? Read on.
Steps to Hide Network WiFi Name of AC1600 Router
a) Turn On Your Netgear Router
- Start by plugging your Netgear AC1600 wireless router into a wall outlet.
Note: Make sure that your Netgear AC1600 router is receiving an adequate power supply from the electrical outlet.
- Press the Power button.
- Wait for the power LED to become solid green.
Note: If the LED on your wireless router does not turn green, reboot it and start the process of hiding network name from scratch.
b) Connect WiFi Devices
- Grab an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the Netgear AC1600 router and another to the existing modem.
- You can also connect your devices with the help of a wireless source.
Note: If you use an Ethernet cable to create a connection between your devices, make sure that it is free of damages. Otherwise, chances are that you might run into technical issues.
c) Access Routerlogin.net
- Once a strong connection between your Netgear AC1600 router and the existing modem has been established, switch on your laptop.
- Launch an internet browser. Whether you use Google Chrome, Apple Safari, or any other browser, keep in mind that it should be running on an updated version.
- In the URL bar of the internet browser, type routerlogin.net.
Note: Do not make the mistake of entering the default web address into the search bar of your web browser.
- Press the Enter key.
Note: If the routerlogin.net not working error message pops up on your screen, it is recommended that you use the default IP address to log in to your Netgear AC1600 router. In case you are still not able to log in to your wireless device, then get in touch with our technical experts. They will surely be of some assistance to you.
d) Log in to Netgear Router
- Once you press Enter, you will find yourself on the Netgear router login page.
- When prompted, enter the default username and password of your AC1600 router.
- Click Log In.
Note: If you are not sure about the default login credentials of your Netgear AC1600 router, consider referring to the user manual.
e) Hide Network WiFi Name
- As soon as you have accessed the Netgear AC1600 setup page, head over to the Settings menu.
- Click WiFi Settings.
- Uncheck “Broadcast this Network Name” option for both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz.
- Click Save and let the changes that you have made become effective.
Note: If your router utilizes the older Genie UI, then go to Advanced > Wireless Settings. Next, uncheck “Enable SSID Broadcast” option and hit Apply to hide network WiFi name.
This is how you can hide network WiFi name of your Netgear AC1600 router. Let us hope that after following the instructions mentioned in this post, you will be able to hide your WiFi network name. Now, hackers and other unauthorized users won’t be able to access your home network-.
For any further doubts or queries, feel free to get in touch with our well-versed technicians. They are always available to attend your router-related queries.