Complete Guide to Reset Netgear Router Password
Resetting the Netgear router password will allow you to get into the settings of your router and makes changes according to comfort. The only way to reset Netgear router password is to set the router to its default factory settings which can usually be accomplished by pressing the reset button on the router itself. If you are unaware of the process, then worry not. In this blog, we will walk you through the reset process along with the steps to reset the admin details. Keep reading to find out more!
Reset Netgear Router
Here we tell you about the reset process so that you can set your device to its factory settings:
- First, turn on your router by pressing the power button.
- Second, look for the reset button. (Usually, the reset button is situated on the back panel of the device).
- Third, press the button with the help of a pin.
- Fourth, keep waiting for at least two minutes until the device is reset properly.
That’s it your Netgear router is reset successfully. Now you will see that your device settings are erased and all the data has been deleted including the previously set admin password from the router.
Now you need to install your router again and change the Netgear router password and to get the internet services again.
Re-Install Netgear Router: Steps
Here we will provide you easy to follow steps to re-install the Netgear router. You can also perform these for Netgear firmware upgrades.
Power on the Router
- First, plug the Netgear router power cable into the working wall outlet.
- Press the power on button to turn on the router.
- Wait for some time until the device is boot up properly.
Connect Router to Modem
- Now you need to make a stable and reliable connection between the router and modem.
- To do this you can use quality Ethernet cable.
- Insert one end into the router and another into a modem.
Connect the Computer to Router’s Network
- Turn on the computer or laptop according to which one you have.
- Open the network list of the device.
- Select the Network namely Netgear.
- Connect to the network.
Open Web Browser
- Once you are connected to the router network, open the web browser.
- The browser should be running on its updated version.
- You can use any one of these Chrome, Firefox, Mozilla, and Bing.
Access Router Default Address
- Now, type the default web address “routerlogin.net” into the URL bar.
- Avoid making typing errors, otherwise, you may be redirected to the wrong page.
- Press Enter to reach out to the router login portal.
Log In to Router
- You will see the login fields on your computer screen.
- Fill in the default username and password.
Note: If you don’t know the default credentials of your device, then you can take the help of the user manual that came with your device.
- After filling in all the details click on the Log In button.
Change Netgear Router Password
Now Netgear setup wizard will appear in which you need to perform some sub-steps to change the Netgear router password:
- Go to the Menu settings.
- Look for the administration option.
- Click on Change Password.
- Now insert the default password one time.
- New password two times into the fields.
- Click on the Save button.
- Wait for some time until the settings become effective.
- Now you reset Netgear router password successfully via the web interface method.
However, you can also make changes to the settings of your router such as changing the WiFi name, and SSID, enabling the features like port forwarding, fast roaming, and many more.
In this way, you can reset Netgear router password easily without any issues. In case you are not able to change the Netgear router admin details, then cross-check the above-mentioned steps.